Monday, August 30, 2010

Circle of Eight

Recently I invited friends over to my flat to enjoy a home cooked meal.
I made a hearty twelve bean and vegetable soup from scratch, seasoned Bulgar Wheat, and sautéed green beans. Friends came over with a bottle of California Wine, and fresh bread from the neighborhood bakery.

We gathered in the living room. Conversation
flowed, laughter echoed, food was savored, and good company was enjoyed.

I paused to take it all in. I looked around at this group of people I know as
friends. Eight new people, eight new lives; eight new
friendships. I felt content, accomplished, and so happy.

I am creating an expanding circle of friends, a home, and a community, all of the things I wished for before moving across the country to this unfamiliar place and time.

1 comment:

  1. so happy hearing about San Francisco. Speak to me of the nightlife!!!

    ReplyDelete