Friday, April 16, 2010

Morning Run



Each day is a new beginning and the freshness of the morning brings a smile to my face. Derby and I reached the corner of Taraval Street and the Great Highway and I initiated the jog. Derby gladly trotted along. Sun shinning, people out biking, running, walking their dogs, starting their day.

We crossed the street and headed down to the beach. The sand cushions my step and I love the sight of my shoeprint and Derby's paw print in the sand together. Stones in hues of brown, gray, and black, and sand dollars scattered on the seashore. Surfers with boards tucked under their arms enter the water like a battlefield. The steady lulling sound of waves rolling in. Birds dance back and forth with the water as it creeps up and pulls back.

Derby's instinct whispers in his ear "chase the birds!" and he takes off running full speed after a flock of Snowy Plovers. The birds scatter and regroup further away. We run together happy and free like children without a care in our worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment