Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reality in San Francisco

A week and a day have passed since I moved here. I awake and still I am in disbelief that I am living in San Francisco. I find myself looking at the California license plates for reassurance that I am not dreaming- that it is in fact a reality. I hear the local weather announced and the meteorologist helps to confirm this; "Good morning San Francisco!, today's local forecast is sunny and clear with a high of 57 degrees..." I smile to myself as these words fall upon my ears.

I walk out the front door dressed for my first day of work: a crisp white collared button down shirt, and pressed black pants. The MUNI (railway car) stop is at the end of the block. I wait patiently with strangers. During the 30 minute ride I study the menu and commit to memory "5 ounces of grilled ahi tuna tossed in soy ginger sesame vinaigrette served over sliced tempura Japanese eggplant topped with papaya, carrot, cilantro and mint leaves.." My distraction leads to people watching and daydreaming as I stare out the window. The sunshine pours through the streaky Muni car windows and reveals gorgeous vistas in each direction I look. Its a great day to be alive in San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment