Saturday, February 6, 2010

West Coast Love

It has been another amazing day here in San Francisco... I woke up early and walked the four blocks down to the ocean from my front door. Along the way shop keepers pulled window shades up, unlocked their doors, and hung "yes we're open" signs. Strangers on the street exchanged salutations and pleasantries, myself included. As I walked and admired the moment, I laughed aloud to myself out of sheer elation that is bubbling up from inside like freshly popped champagne. The culmination of a dream has me euphoric. I am FINALLY following my heart and it has given me a feeling of rebirth.

Derby and I started off the morning with an ocean side jog. The air was crisp and cool against my skin. The pacific waters were cheering us on and the mountains in the distance enticing us forward. After the jog- I took my road bike out for a spin. Once again ocean side, admiring the Pacific. The visual stimulation is wonderful. Its such a beautiful horizon. Afterward Derby and I walked to the local gardening & hardware store to pick up some nails. I hung up a few things to make the space feel more like home.

Later I got dressed in professional attire and printed an updated copy of my resume. I hopped on the Muni (the rail way transportation system) with my roommate and rode the 30 minutes to downtown. She took me to the restaurant where she works and I had an interview with the manager. Its a busy upscale restaurant in the financial district called "The Cosmopolitan" www.thecosmopolitancafe.com I got the job and start on Tuesday! Im happy to have work, and very pleased with my good luck streak and how beautifully things are falling into place for me.

Im adjusting to city life here. Things are so refreshingly different. Everything is new, and the novelty is exciting! I am getting used to the sound of the Muni as it runs directly in front of the house and I can hear it in my sleep. Derby doesnt seem to mind the sound of it at all. I have not driven my car in days which is so nice.

Driving here is confusing. There are lots of one way streets, construction everywhere, and Im also constantly reminding myself of the adjustment to my mental compass, as the ocean is now West and no longer East. There is also the famous "San Francisco left" which means making three right turns in order to equal a left turn because there are so many streets where left turns are prohibited. Ive had to get in the car to move it from one place to another, adhering to the street cleaning schedules, one hour parking, and so on. I have programed a new alarm in my phone titled "move the car!" and set it accordingly in attempt to avoid what has been described as "inevitable parking tickets".

I am looking forward to all the new opportunities here and I am so happy to be in San Francisco!!

Peace, Love, and California!

No comments:

Post a Comment